Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mad Men

This time,I hit the store to find some great buys instead of digging online. And right now is a great time to do so. Kohl's has several racks full of clearance clothes, including a lot of dresses for Under10. But first --

Favorite Find:  This mock-layered dress is too cute. It's belted with a short turtleneck. The a-line cut is flattering to pretty much anyone, and the whole thing reminds me a little of the fashion in "Mad Men." I paired it with this layered necklace by Candie's.  This dress, normally $58, is on sale for $37.70.  The necklace was about $12.00.  (Note:  I can't find either of these online.  If you can, please link me.)

If you're willing to spend a little more, pick up these black, oxford-style heels by UnionBay.  They're only $24.99 right now, and they go great with a lot of fall/winter styles.
 

Keep warm this fall/winter with this cable-knit sweater dress.  It comes in six colors, but my eye was on the teal.  I layered it over a long-sleeve gray shirt (check the Back to the Basics sale for a good deal on those).  I also added a white belt Simply Vera by Vera Wang.  It was less than $10 on clearance.  The dress is $27.99, but if you order it online right now, enter the code HOMECOMING at checkout and you'll save an extra %20!  Works well over a pair of tights or leggings, too. 

Want to accessorize?  This white, beaded cuff bracelet and matching necklace contrast great against the teal, and match the belt.  Best of all, they're less than $5.00 each!  That's your dress, belt and jewelry for less than $50 (cheaper if you order the dress online).



Best buy of the day:  This empire-waist dress was $8.90!  Hold onto it for your New Year's parties.  Like the other clearance items, you'll have to hit the stores for this one.  The layered-necklace is also available for less than $10.00 I believe.



Three great deals today.  I'll keep an eye out on the "Mad Men" dress for any more price reductions.  If you like the last one, I recommend going to your nearest Kohl's as soon as possible.  Note: all of these styles were found in the Murfreesboro, TN, Kohl's.

And now I leave you with this (I think I'm in love)--
Splurge of the Day: 

Gray faux-suede, calf-high boots with a bow accent.  $49.99 online (down from $79.99) Also available in black or brown.



No comments: